Motor Cycles.... What Bikes did YOU ride... by Old2cvman

Ici on parle de tout et de rien, 2CV ou pas, aucune censure.

On parle aussi des actualités du forum et du site http://2cv-legende.com

Modérateurs : Deuchémoi, zamzam

Répondre
old2cvman
Deuchiste intéressé
Deuchiste intéressé
Ma deuche : A Deuche modifications Doctor with 63 years experiences on rebuilds
Date de naissance : 15 sept. 1931

Motor Cycles.... What Bikes did YOU ride... by Old2cvman

Message par old2cvman »

Thanks to the Sites Admin Crew, for allowing this subject matter to be posted... its right up my territory .. as a Young man owned quite a few motor Bikes.. I bought my First Motor Cycle in 1947, always bought new machines too, a B.S.A. B.33. Red & Chrome petrol Tank 500 C.C. from a big dealership in Liverpool in those times Victor Horsmans.. it cost me £ 295. I was Sixteen years of age.

I got a few tuition lessons from one of my family elders, Home from the War in Europe, he was a keen Motor Cyclist in the 1930s...and soon I was very proficient, and passed my Driving Test... I still have my First Licence now.
A year went by'e and I part exchanged my B.S.A. for a New VINCENT, which was the Rolls Royce of Motor bikes in those day, it cost me £ 395. today this machine is fetching Twelve Thousand pounds on E.Bay...very collectible

I used this every day travelling to work, untill I joined the Army 1950.. then I served in the Sudan and the Middle east for Three years

After my Army experiences and Demob. I became a Long Distance Juggernaut Jockey, plus a Free Lance Journalist Photographer, which lasted almost 50 years in total, working in Europe and North America.. and at the age of 72 I was driving 628 miles every nite for a Living.

In the mid 1955 era I fell in Love with Citroen 2 C,V, Cars and subsequently owned about a Dozen variants, and built some extra special models of my own.. my present one I have run since 1966,

In the 1978 period I became a Motor Cyclist again as a secondary means of travelling distances in a hurry I had a huge variety of machines, of the day, Two Suzuki Trail Bikes, One Honda Trail Bike, One Ariel Trail Bike and Side Chair, and my final Bike was a New C.X. Honda Shaft Drive model.which I used for quick 400 mile trips up and down to London at weekends, to Interview Hollywood STAR who were in Town Filming , I did this until I called time on this mode in the 2000 period... and just relied on Citroen's and other variants of Cars.
Fichiers joints
BARRY ONTOP OF THE WORLD..JPG
my new trail bike..JPG
my new trail bike..JPG (73.94 Kio) Vu 1294 fois
rod taylor tries my honda for size.JPG
rod on my honda..JPG
rod on my honda..JPG (63.98 Kio) Vu 1294 fois
BAZ  on ARIEL COM..jpg
BAZ on HONDA IN MUD.jpg
BAZ on SUZZI..jpg
MY CX HONDA  1st..jpg
ONE OF MY EARLY VINNY'S  1958 .jpg
BAZn VINCENT.jpg

Deuchémoi
Docteur deuchiste
Docteur deuchiste
Ma deuche : 2cv6 Spécial AZKA Bleue céleste 11/87
Date de naissance : 30 oct. 1968

Re: Motor Cycles.... What Bikes did YOU ride... by Old2cvman

Message par Deuchémoi »

Hello,
Post moved to the right place !

You should have a look to this one :
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10350
:wink:
Pas de demande d'aide mécanique en Message Privé. Toutes les demandes se font dans les salons publics. Merci !
       /¯\
(°\=/°)
... Ma présentation
2cv6 Spécial AZKA Bleue céleste 11/87
ImageImage  Image
Répondre
www.piecesauto-pro.fr